Nom… Nom… Nom…
Thinking of hosting afternoon tea parties for casual gatherings during the summer?
Don’t want to do it in a traditional way?
Well…HIGHTEAINSIDER has a perfect recipe for you!
I am sure there are certain things in life that can be enjoyed by both sexes and Ice-cream is certainly one of them.
How does an ICE-CREAM afternoon tea recipe sound?
When I was in Hong Kong last summer, I had an unforgettable ice-cream high tea experience at Haagen-Dazs. I still remember how rich their chocolate yogurts were flavoured, how fresh and juicy their fruits were and how delicious their ice-cream tasted.The company successfully combined the indulgence of comfort food with the elegance of high teas.
The story began with an invitation card sent to me from Haagen-Dazs which printed only 3 words and 11 letters “Girls Day Out”. These 3 words then caught my attention completely. The next day, I planned a visit to Haagan Daz. I couldn’t miss out on this because I knew ice-cream was involved.
The 3 tiers of sweets completed my sweet escape to Hong Kong.
- The top tier was made with different flavours of ice-cream, Strawberry Cheese Cake, Green Tea, Mocha, Chocolate, Mango etc…
- The second tier was filled with chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate yogurt.
- The bottom tier, I named it as the “cleansing” tier because it was filled with fresh and juicy fruits, which balanced everything and made me feel refreshed.
Craving for ice-cream already?
Nom… Nom… Nom…
When I returned to Canada, I was inspired by Haagen-Dazs to create my own ice-cream high tea recipe.
The preparation time takes approximately 1 hour.
This recipe serve up to 4 people:
|Choice of ice-cream flavor||8 scoops of Haagen-Dazs creamy ice-cream
(Serbet can be used as substitution)
|Oreo biscuit||1 pack|
|Assorted Fresh Fruits||2 Bananas
1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
|Godiva Chocolate Bars||16 ounces of Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate|
|White Bread||1 Loaf of bread (Thick cut)|
|Flat-based ice-cream cone cups||1 Box|
|Tea||4 English Tradition Tea Bags|
1. Break and Melt the chocolate bars
Prepare 2 separate heatproof medium bowls. Fill 2 medium saucepans with a couple inches of hot boiled water; set the bowls of chocolate over the water to melt.Stir until smooth.
* Melted dark chocolate is for strawberries and bananas dipping*
*Melted milk chocolate is for dipping other kinds of fresh fruits and white bread*
The Dipping *make sure the chocolate has melted completely*
Dip the strawberries and bananas slices into the dark chocolate slowly and lift with a twist slightly, let all excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberries and banana slices on parchment papers. Place it into the fridge and wait till the chocolate set.
2. Remove the icing *use the knife carefully*
Carefully remove the icing in between the Oreo biscuits.
Replace the icing with scoops of ice- cream.
“Dah Da!” small ice- cream sandwiches are ready!
These are very delicious and almost bite size.
3. Scoop the Ice- creams
Scoop 8 different flavours of ice-cream, and place them into 8 different flat based cone cups.
Decorate with chocolate or strawberry sauces and add whip cream on top.
4. Make a good cup of Tea *in only 7 different steps*
- Fill the kettle with cold water *make sure to use CLEAN WATER*
Bring more than enough water to boil in a non-reactive tea kettle
- Put the tea in an infuser, strainer, or directly in the bottom of the tea pot
- Add freshly boiled hot water into the tea pot
- Let steep, by covering the top of the tea pot, allowing it to retain warmth.
Different teas require different steeping times
– Black teas: 3-5 minutes*
- Remove the tea leaves from the pot if not using a infuser or strainer
- Infuse again. Many teas, especially whole-leaf teas, can be infused multiple times, so repeat the above steps to increase and enrich the taste
- Serve the tea with milk, sugar, lemon or honey
Put everything onto the high tea stand.
1st tier: ice- cream sandwiches and ice-cream cones
2nd tier: Dipped dark chocolate strawberries and bananas
3rd tier: Fresh Fruits, white bread and milk chocolate dipping in a small bowl
The finished product should look like this:
You are now ready to serve! Enjoy!
Before I finish, here is my beautiful face!
Taken while I was enjoying The Royal Afternoon High Tea at Haagen-Daz.
I hope my ice-cream high tea recipe will allow you and your friends to have an amazing and sweet summer and 7 steps of making a good cup of tea will be useful for everyone!
Share your high tea moments with me!
Give me feedback on my ice- cream high tea recipe for improvement!
I welcome your critiques and comments.
Until next time,
Nom… Nom… Nom…